File Corruption

Dec 4, 2009 at 4:06 PM
Edited Dec 4, 2009 at 4:24 PM

I'm experiencing corruption of most files converted by WtvWatcher.  After conversion is reported successful from WtvWatcher the files are replaced with ≈20kb files which are unplayable in Windows Media Center.

Computer description:  Gateway DX4200-09:

-AMD Phenom X4 9100e

-4GB RAM

-Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (Most recent release available from my Technet subscription)

-UAC turned off.

-The computer is solely used as a DVR, so there aren't any tasking programs running on it aside from WMC & Avast Antivirus.

The recording directory is on the second partition of the drive (D:).  I installed WtvWatcher a few hours ago using the recommended install method.  I proceeded as described in this hack7mc article.  However I ceased after waiting for the files to convert when the problem became apparent.  (To be clear, I allowed WtvWatcher to complete its work.  I ceased following the article after the problem.)  12 recording (of 109) were successfully converted and are playable in WMC.  However, some of the 12 have been stripped of audio.  There is no notable pattern as to the programs that were successful.

Any assistance on what might be the cause of this issue would be much appreciated.  If any additional information is needed please tell me and I'll do the best I can to provide it.