Installation / Setup

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2009 at 6:17 AM
Edited Oct 4, 2009 at 6:27 AM

The easiest way to "install" this application is to copy the 'WtvWatcherConsole.exe' file to the "Recorded TV" storage location you have set Windows Media Center to record shows to.

Running it from that location will use the program defaults and begin to natively convert your WTV files to DVR-MS format.

This process does delete the original WTV files after it successfully converts a file to DVR-MS format, so be ware that if you want to test this first, you should do it in another directory with only a few copies of your recorded WTV-formatted files.

Once you are comfortable that this process works correctly on your system, you can create a shortcut to the 'WtvWatcherConsole.exe' into the startup program group on the start menu. This will ensure that it is always running in the background upon subsequent restarts.

That's it, x-copy deploy. The way life should be.

May 10, 2010 at 3:38 AM
Edited May 10, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Hi, I'm trying to install WTVWatcher from behind an authenticating proxy and it's failing.  Am I able to download the program so I can run the installation locally (I really don't want to (can't) compile the source code)?

Edit:  Never mind.  I've compiled the source.  (BTW, it's not the latest).

Edit2:  Feeling really silly now - found exe in source download.