WTV Watcher and SAP audio for visually impaired

Dec 16, 2012 at 4:14 AM

So I installed WTV Watcher along with DVRMS toolbox w/ DTB addin this week.  It works great for the commercial removal for the most part.  The only issue I'm having is the DVR-MS converted file uses the SAP audio channel for the visually impaired.  It was hilarious the 1st show we watched but has become a NoGo now.  I've checked to make sure tht SAP is not enabled in WMC7 and am unable to figure out how to disable it.  Is there any update/add-in that fixes this so it doesn't used the SAP channel?  I really like this setup but have since removed it from my system due to this issue.

Jan 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Same problem here.  Any solutions?

Thanks

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Same issue here. Where are the solutions?

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:07 PM
Last night while NCIS was recording I played it. There was no Descriptive Audio. This morning I played it and it DID have the Descriptive Audio. All my programs are recorded as WTVs and then converted to Dvrms files automatically with WTVWatcher, then DvrmsToolbox which uses Comskip, cuts out all the commercials and creates a new file. The original WTV file is move to the recycle bin (this is an option that needs to be checked in WtvWatcher Preferences/Adv.), the original dvrms file is moved to a RecordedTV/original folder (which I created), and the commercial free file is moved to RecordedTV/tooled folder(which I created). I checked out the WTV file that was in the Recycle Bin and it DID NOT have Descriptive Audio (SAP). Wtv file =no SAP, original dvrms = SAP,  tooled dvrms = SAP.

So this leads me to believe that the problem is NOT WtvWatcher, but Comskip or DvrmsToolbox, and more likely Comskip. I have looked at the Comskip.ini file but I did not see any options that would affect SAP. The search goes on...
Feb 8, 2013 at 3:35 PM
I WAS WRONG! It is WTVWatcher. Because DvrmsToolBox starts cutting out the commercials just after WtvWatcher converts them, I never saw the result of the initial convertion. So I turned off DvrmsToolBox and right clicked on a Wtv file and converted to dvrms. I played the wtv file, no SAP. Then I played the dvrms file, and sure enough it had SAP.

I don't know if anybody is reading this forum, but this issue needs to be fixed. Microsoft put this program into Win7, they should deal with the problem. Like that's ever going to happen.