how does this thing work?

Mar 31, 2012 at 1:01 PM

It doesn't seem to do anything.

I installed it , it seems to be running in my processes.

I have 2 windows media files in the format of dvr-ms.

I have the record tv and working directory set but it doesn't do anything.'

Am I missing something here? Little help please?

Mar 31, 2012 at 1:04 PM

ok never mind i just realized i already converted those to dvr-ms using windows converter.

Still I don't understand Windows 7 (default) and Wtv2Mpeg links. Is there instructions for those?

Mar 31, 2012 at 4:06 PM

one more thing, i am getting no sound from converted dvr-ms files

May 8, 2012 at 3:25 PM
Edited May 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM

The program auto-converts .wtv files to .dvr-ms (A much more editable file, and one that is compatible with commercial skip programs) in your recording folder. But first you have to set up some options, the only main one needed is where your videos are recorded. Once that is done it does it all by itself. You can turn on some options so you can see what it's doing instead of just seeing the result. Go into the options (Wrench Icon) and under the Adv. Tab Check the "Show WtvConverter UI and you will see it copying the files and more in the window. Want even more, click Output Diagnostics (Verbose Mode) but that can get irritating and cause a lot of pop up questions that have to be answered for the program to continue.

And if the recorded program is HD I wouldn't recommend converting it, numerous HD Audio formats aren't compatible with the .dvr-ms file format and that's just how it is, nothing the program can do about it.