WTVWatcher can't load because of Firewall

Mar 14, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Hi

WTVWatcher has been working nicely for several years, but following a nasty attack of the trojans I have had to increase the vigilance of my firewall to include outbound traffic. Previously I had been using Windows Firewall set up as per default not to block outgoing. Having given up trying to configure WF for outgoing, I have installed Zonealarm Free instead. It only seems to want me to create exemptions for .exe files, it will let me create one for the WTVWatcher shortcut in the startup folder and it will let me give it maximum trust priveleges, all looks promising but it still isn't letting the shortcut connect and load. I'm not sure whether it is blocking the outbound request or the inbound program, but either way it's not working.

Is there any way to run this the old fashioned way, with the program on my machine? Or has anyone succeeded in making WTVW work with Zonealarm?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Tim

May 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I have, you need to make sure the program (WtvWatcher.exe) under your user diectory (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0) is allowed, if not just manually add it. Then make sure your java platform can access the internet.

Hope you can get it working.