Would like option to delete to recycle bin

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:43 PM

The software works great for me, but occasionally it doesn't convert a whole program.  For example last night, I recorded three 30 min shows at 8:30, 9:00 and 9:30.  The 8:30 and 9:30 shows were converted correctly.  The 9:00 show only converted to a 4 min program instead of 30 min.  The original WTV file is now lost.  I wish there was an option to have the files delete into the recycle bin, so I could recover it for the occasional time when WtvWatcher doesn't convert it correctly.

Mar 19, 2010 at 2:48 PM

I should note than when this happens, the program did not generate an error code and says it completed the task successfully, even though it did not.

May 14, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I had the same problem too!  I tried to record two shows simultaneously and the file sizes should be 3.6 gigs or so for an hour show each.  However when i looked this morning it wasn't anywhere near that size.  WTV didn't report an error.  The WTV file is gone. :(

Can we please have a recycle bin option or... maybe some sort of algorithm that can compare the before and after size and it should be within a size varation of a certain percentage (because we all know dvr-ms and wtv sizes aren't exactly the same).

Thank you for such an amazing (life-saving) software pbruce!

Dec 11, 2010 at 2:14 AM

Due to overwhelming demand, I've added this option in the most recent update. However, I am testing the code thoroughly in house before posting the update. Look for the update this weekend.

Thanks for your feedback, too bad I have a full time job, that I can't push WtvWatcher updates out faster.